Thursday, April 29, 2021

X is for xu



        The letter "x" challenge took an unexpected twist for me today... I am a nightly "words with friends" player. I currently have about 15 games going. It's a great way to unwind at the end of a long day with something I love to associate with - words! I have often been using the word "xu" when I am in a predicament with my letter x sitting in my letter bank. I use it all the time! To think that all these times I have used this precious little word to get me out of a bind and land my x on a triple letter square (24 points), and I knew nothing about what this word meant. Today, I was going to find out. 

    Okay, so some of you smarty pants out there may already have known what the word "xu" meant, well I didn't.

    Xu is a coin formerly minted by South Vietnam equivalent to one cent (now little seen or used), forming a hundredth of a dong. 


   The dong is the currency of Vietnam

                  And there you have it - this blog has been brought to you by the "letter "x"



        



1 comment:

  1. Well, I live in Vietnam and have never heard of it, so I learned something new! In the three years I've lived here I've seen no one ever use coin money at all, so I assume it is out of circulation. Perhaps only in the hands of collectors nowadays. In fact, it would be basically useless as a collectors item. The smallest commonly used bill is a 1,000Dong note, although I've seen 500s.

    ReplyDelete

Zeus

                                                                                                      I'm still not ready to write about...