Monday, April 19, 2021

M is for Mother's Day

     

                                                                        Miss you mom


 It's hard to face Mother's Day

without you here

Your depart from us

was gradual

and I sensed 

your fear

In the past 

you would call 

with a problem

that I could easily fix

Powerless, am I now

because this time

 I haven't the tools

to repair 

your weakening mind

Watching you forget

and become 

space in time

There is no one

to blame

Long I have grieved

But I will never 

stop missing 

the life you and I weaved

We were as close as 

mother and daughter 

could be

And I am grateful

that I can still 

join your hand in mine

And I know  

In your mind

You see

                                                                                                        

                                                                        me and mom

                                                                              2016

My beautiful mother has advanced dementia and lives in a loving memory care facility in Santa Cruz, Ca.

1 comment:

  1. Aww, I am so sorry. You must feel so helpless.
    I'm pretty sure when your Mom was your age, she looked the same :-)
    Hope you'll still get to enjoy Mother's Day together.

    https://thethreegerbers.blogspot.com/2021/04/a-z-2021-odds-are-one-in-million.html

    ReplyDelete

Zeus

                                                                                                      I'm still not ready to write about...