Monday, April 19, 2021

N is for Nature at Nisene Marks

                                                        

                                                                    Nisene Marks

    This is a very beloved forest in Aptos, California. It is known for some of the 32 hiking trails, running, biking and walking trails in the county. If you're ever visiting Santa Cruz, you'll find Nisene Marks in the heart of old Aptos Village. It's a sweet spot.

    I have only walked the trails at Nisene and must admit I have barely scratched the surface of it. A few weeks ago, I went there in the early morning with the intention of taking some photographs. I was walking along the trail like I always do and this time I decided to just stop and take in the moment. As my body came to a halt, I got in touch with my senses. There was still morning dew on the wild ferns growing and I looked up, up, up to the tallest trees - held up by their giant trunks. Then I listened...first I heard a few birds and I could differentiate from their own unique sounds. Within a few minutes, I could collectively hear over half a dozen different birds and it became louder and louder. I definitely did not feel alone and there wasn't a person in sight. What a way to start the day.

    The photo below is a picture of Maple Falls. I'll need to take the Bridge Creek Trail to get there. It's a popular destination for many hikers and visitors. 

    There is something very spiritual about Nisene Marks in Aptos. I have the forest on one side of me and the ocean on the other. I'm very blessed 💚

                                                                            



1 comment:

  1. That's a very special picture, indeed - I can almost hear the water crashing down.
    During one of our CA road trips we stopped at Santa Cruz Beach. Unfortunately on our way back we got hit by another car. It was just a minor damage, and the driver (and the police officer we had to call because we needed a report for our rental car company) were super nice, so to this day we have nothing bu nice memories of SC.

    https://thethreegerbers.blogspot.com/2021/04/a-z-2021-networking-is-enrichment.html

    ReplyDelete

Zeus

                                                                                                      I'm still not ready to write about...