Monday, April 26, 2021

V is for vaccine

    Who would have thought that I would be getting vaccinated against the Covid-19 virus because of a global pandemic. I remember when the first cases were reported in the United States. Never, did I think the next 12 months would be that of quarantine, face masks and hand sanitizer. 

    Where I live in Santa Cruz County, we are in the red tier and headed for the orange (fingers crossed). Thankfully, my family has remained healthy. My heart goes out to those who have lost loved ones to the virus and who have suffered with the illness. Some are dealing with the long term respiratory damage and other side affects from contracting the virus.

    This day and age of technology through Zoom and email has allowed many to continue working from home. I have never spent so much time at home and quite frankly am loving it. We were starting to travel a bit pre-pandemic and though traveling is fun, I don’t miss the hustle and bustle of it. I’m a home body at heart. 

    Life as we knew it before Corona is presenting itself again.

    Hopefully, our take away from this human experience is gratitude.

    



    

3 comments:

  1. We are yet to get vaccinated. Never did I imagine I would be getting one that too for a pandemic as you mentioned.

    https://pagesfromjayashree.blogspot.com/2021/04/w-for-wand.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. In my state there are not enough vaccines just yet, however the warmer weather makes me feel hopeful that fewer people get infected.
    Gratitude is an important take away for sure.

    https://thethreegerbers.blogspot.com/2021/04/a-z-2021-you-can-catch-more-flies-with.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations on getting the vaccine! I'm eager for that 70% herd immunity number to be reached.

    It's hard to believe the blogging challenge is almost over. Then the after survey, reflections, and the road trip sign-up.
    Plus, I'm taking part in the Bout of Books read-a-thon in May. So much excitement!
    J Lenni Dorner~ Co-host of the #AtoZchallenge, OperationAwesome6 Debut Author Interviewer, Reference& Speculative Fiction Author

    ReplyDelete

Zeus

                                                                                                      I'm still not ready to write about...