Saturday, April 10, 2021

H is for Hawaii

     I finally visited Hawaii for the first time in 2019. We took our son David and had a wonderful time. It was one of those vacations where you hang out at the resort and chill. We stayed at the Fairmont in Maui. I'll never forget the entrance into the hotel that opened up to the breathtaking view of the ocean. It was warm, a slight breeze and a refreshing tropical drink was given to us. "I really had arrived," I thought.

    The colors and variety of the flowers and plants were beautiful. You just knew you were far, far away...and the temperature of the water. Well, when you come from the waters of Santa Cruz, California - you can really appreciate warm ocean waters. 

    My husband swam with the turtles. I stayed near and in the water with my son. Maui has a very happy and easy going vibe. It's all about living in that moment and indulging in it.

    The two of us are going back in June, just the two of us. My assignment is to find accommodations, which I had better get started on pronto uno. If any of you reading this blog have any suggestions, send them my way!    

    We'll be fully vaccinated by then. It's hard to believe we've been quarantined for a year. I'm excited, yet a little anxious about going out into the world again. Ready to lose the mask.

                                            Bennie swimming with the turtles in Hawaii (Maui)




1 comment:

  1. Hawaii is till on my travel bucket list. Living in Switzerland, HI is sooo far away. We fly forever to just get to CA, and then it takes a few days to overcome the jetlag that comes with 9 hours' time difference.

    https://thethreegerbers.blogspot.com/2021/04/a-z-2021-home-is-where-your-heart-is.html

    ReplyDelete

Zeus

                                                                                                      I'm still not ready to write about...