Friday, April 23, 2021

S is for "Sara" by Fleetwood Mac

 

    I consider Stevie Nicks to be a part of my life growing up. There is a lot of music in my family. With a brother 14 years older than me, who was a drummer and a sister 10 years older than me who was a Beatles fanatic - I grew up listening to and absorbing music.     

    My sister turned me on to Fleetwood Mac, before Stevie had arrived. I loved their sound and when Stevie Nicks and Lindsay Buckingham came on board...it was magic. I've seen Fleetwood Mac in concert 3 or 4 times. When Stevie broke away from Fleetwood Mac and went solo, I continued to follow her music.  Bella donna was probably my favorite solo album of hers. I saw her as a solo artist in concert several times also. All were phenomenal shows.

    Fleetwood Mac is my favorite band of all time and Stevie Nicks my favorite female artist. This is the official video for "Sara."

    "Sara" is written by singer-songwriter Stevie Nicks and a single from the 1979 Tusk album. She states this was a very personal song for her; a combination of things that were going on in her life.

                                  "....and when you build your house, call me home."




2 comments:

  1. I didn't know this song. Looks like in my generation "Sara" is played by Starship ;-)

    https://thethreegerbers.blogspot.com/2021/04/a-z-2021-swim-with-sharks.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Always loved Stevie - and this song!

    ReplyDelete

Zeus

                                                                                                      I'm still not ready to write about...