Thursday, April 1, 2021

A is for Ahhhhhh!

                                                         


                                                                        Ahhhhhhh!  


Yes, that's right...that is somewhat of a scream as in, "It's April 1st, my blog layout is not finished, I haven't blogged in 7-8 years, I have a paper and quiz due tomorrow, and group presentation due on Saturday!"

But here I am. I had hoped for several years now that I would pick up blogging again. Like yourselves, I am sure - I enjoy writing. Thoughts from my head come easily onto a screen or paper by way of keyboard or pencil - out of my mouth...hmm, not so much. 

So, please excuse the lack of decor on my blog layout.

But, there will be words.

I am that mom and woman that finds herself always going back to school. Every time, I try to close the door on my education - I find myself at that door again "peeking in" and wondering what is and could be on the other side. I love being a student and  I enjoy learning. I have enough units to transfer to University, but do I want to commit to that? I am leaning toward yes. Another semester or two, I'll have three Associate of Arts degrees. This has to stop!

I don't have to make that decision today. What I need to do today is what I need to do today. At the top of my task list is to blog. I'll have to relearn how to use my widgets, add pictures, tag and whatever else has evolved in blogging during the past several years. Luckily, I can go to one of my most favorite accessible teachers - YouTube! I should be able to relax a little Sunday night and look for a quick Blogger tutorial video.

Besides being a student (and blogger), I am a wife and mom. I have two older teenage boys at home that require a lot of feeding (sorry, I'm making them sound like cattle, but they do constantly graze!). What's nice about having older kids is they're mature enough to stay home when my husband and I feel like a nice dinner date or a quick get away. We are in a good place in our lives right now.

I won't tell my life story in one sitting, that's no fun. Maybe, by the time we get to "Z," you'll know a lot more about me and the things that make me tick. 

If you too are one of those women who also had the desire to continue their education in mid-life, I would love to hear from you. 

My name is Linda and I live in Santa Cruz County, California. 

Happy Blogging! 🌺



4 comments:

  1. AAAAhhhhh .... I love it. I feel that way all the time. You'll get through it. You can never learn too much. Good luck through the A2ZChallenge. Cheers,
    ☺Changing the way you think, changes how you feel♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Crackerberries, I appreciate your comment and I agree - changing the way we think, changes the way we feel! It starts in our mind 🌺 Good luck to you too in this challenge and it feels good to blog again.

      Delete
  2. Since I've taken up writing mysteries, the learning has never stopped. I did hold several rather eclectic jobs over the years which required using new brain cells. Looking forward to your posts through April.
    https://gail-baugniet.blogspot.com/
    (theme: Novel Research - novel as in different/interesting/unusual)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lovely introductory post - the perfect beginning for the challenge. I look forward to learning more about you as we progress through the alphabet.

    ReplyDelete

Zeus

                                                                                                      I'm still not ready to write about...