Friday, April 16, 2021

K is for kayaking!

                                                              Kayaking at Moss Landing


    Kayaking has been on my bucket list time for quite some time now. You would think that from living in Monterey and now in Santa Cruz, that I would have done it by now. Now that my youngest children are older teenagers, it’s time to start doing all those little things that I’ve been wanting to do. I’m at this point in my life where I want to live fully and explore new things,

    Anyway...back to kayaking. I love being near the ocean. I always have. I find a peace there that of course is influenced by the sounds of the waves, the barking of seals (sometimes, depends where you are) and the noisy seagulls flying overhead or hanging around your beach towel, looking for an open bag of chips, the salty smell,  and the deep inhales of fresh cool air.  

    Beach activities are fun too. I do paddle board, but I have yet to kayak. I live about 20 minutes south of Moss Landing. It is more of a fishing harbor with a few restaurants and cool little shops. It is known for the Elkhorn Slough. Many animal lovers come to the slough to photograph and take pictures. Lots of wildlife. It’s a birdwatcher’s paradise. This is where I will Kayaking. They offer lessons and kayaking tours for groups. That’s what I’m thinking I’ll do - a group lesson. When I get confident enough,, I’m going for the gold and kayak while the sun goes down. I want to feel like I’m literally paddling into the sunset.


I also have this thing for sea otters and pelicans - plenty to see at Moss Landing State Beach

                                                          



                  You can even get fit while paddle boarding if you’re into that. I plan to do this too

    We have this one life to live. This is kind of where I’m at today, and to trying to be of human service to others along the way. 

    If there are any experienced kayakers out there, I would love if you would throw any advice or recommendations my way, because this is happening soon! 



1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous pictures! While I don't know if I had it in my to try myself at kayaking, I love everything you describe around it: the scenery, the wildlife, the sunset! So I'll enjoy this from the comfort and safety of my home ;-)

    https://thethreegerbers.blogspot.com/2021/04/a-z-2021-kill-two-birds-with-one-stone.html

    ReplyDelete

Zeus

                                                                                                      I'm still not ready to write about...