Tuesday, April 20, 2021

P is for pens and pencils

     So, I have a little fetish for all writing implements. I do! In my defense, I do use them and I know how to use them properly. (But, I have too many of them).

    I love to free draw, portrait sketch, do zentangle, calligraphy...I even like to color - kid coloring and adult coloring. Since the first time my tiny little hands ever met a pencil and paper, I was in love. When I got my first coloring book and crayons - well, I basically thought I died and went to heaven. My life was complete.

    On a serious note, I find a freedom in the creative outlet of writing and drawing. It's like a form of meditation for me. It is a personal journey into another part of myself, where I enjoy to be. 

    I find that the hardest part of doing the things we love is finding the time do them. I think if we look hard enough, the time is there somewhere in our day - we just need to reserve it for ourselves.

    By committing to doing this A-Z blog, I have done just that. I am carving out a little time from my day to write and create a blog. I love this medium of writing, it just flows from my mind to my fingertips and onto the screen before me. It feels good to connect with the things I love; for what I love is who I am.

                           

                                                      Pencil sketch with a no. 2 pencil


                                                  Zentangle with micron 01 ink pen


    If there are any fellow artists out there, would love to see some of your doodling or drawing too!

    

    

2 comments:

  1. Zentangle is amazing.. It is quite mysterious as well

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think us productive beings find it hard to carve out time for something we consider "fun" and sort of unnecessary?

    I notice you're catching up nicely on your letters. Good for you! And me - since I enjoy reading your posts :-)

    https://thethreegerbers.blogspot.com/2021/04/a-z-2021-dont-adorn-yourself-with.html

    ReplyDelete

Zeus

                                                                                                      I'm still not ready to write about...