Saturday, April 1, 2023

Allison

                         

                                                                                    


    ...And who is this lovely young woman? This sweet girl is Allison, my son's girlfriend.  This picture pretty much says it all, if you look hard enough. I snagged this picture from her social media page. It looks like she is at a petting zoo of some sort. She is an animal lover and advocates for them. She works for a veterinarian on the Monterey Peninsula. I think her genuineness comes through this photo in her smile.

    As a mother to five sons,  I'm sure other moms (and dads) out there will agree with me, that what we want most for our sons is to find a forever partner that is kind and truly cares for our sons. She and Joey have been together for three years; and presently live together.  When they're here in our home  - it warms my heart to see the way they treat each other with love and respect. They are two peas in a pod; both hard working and humble. It's refreshing to see young people now a days that aren't taken in by the material world and clothing labels. It's not that they don't have a lot. Joey bought his first home last year and is building an ADU on the back of his property. It's a small older home that needed some TLC. They live five minutes from the beach. On Sundays, he and Allison ride their bikes along the coastal bike trail. Sunday is the only day off they have together with their work schedule. Weekdays, they try and catch the sunset with their dogs on leash. The outdoors is their favorite place to be. They enjoy packing up their truck that has a camper on the back, their two dogs and head North for an adventure. Bottom line, they have much in common and share the same values. I see two people who are comfortable in their own skin and with each other. 

When Allison gives me a hug, I feel it. She's a natural beauty and doesn't mind getting her fingernails dirty in the garden. Now and then, she'll pop a thoughtful card in the mail to me. I'm glancing at the beautiful Easter card she sent me as I write. 

I'm grateful that I can rest assure that after a long day of work and commute, that my son is coming home to somebody who loves and appreciates him. I've come to care for Allison too.  I'm glad that she is loved and appreciated as well by an amazing young man.  

I'm happy that Allison has become a part of our family. 🌸



2 comments:

  1. What a wonderful post. This is Swati and I am coming from A to Z challenge. I am glad I decided to stop by and read your blog. Will keep coming around. God Bless you all.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Welcome Swati! Thanks for stopping by my blog :)

      Delete

Zeus

                                                                                                      I'm still not ready to write about...