Sunday, April 23, 2023

Trail

 

                                                                        


    This is a trail around the corner from my home. It is one of many trails into the Forest of Nisene Marks. There used to be a sign up ahead that alerted hikers to the presence of lions and what to do and what not to do should you come across one. It took me a while to have the courage to start hiking here. The sign is gone now and I know the lions aren't. I also realize there is a very small chance I would come across one. I have not heard of anybody being approached by a lion in this forest. I do stay off the trail at dusk.                                                
   

                                                
                                                         A perfect Sunday afternoon
    


    I never noticed this bench before. There was a dedication emblem on the back rest. This would be a perfect place for meditation or a sack lunch.




                                                Hmm...which trail do you think I took?




                                                               Sweet little meadow




      I took the trail to the right and glad I did. I was all alone up to this point, so it was nice to come across some humans. They inspired me to invite my husband on my next trek.                                                                                        



                                                                      Wildflowers!


                                                     Spring is here - time to get outdoors!
                                                               

2 comments:

  1. Any trail near me I'd have to drive to and those trails probably wouldn't feel very wild. I'm too much in the heart of urban East L.A. But I can see the mountains from my house. I know there are trails there, but I've never hiked them like I used to hike trails back in Tennessee where I used to live. I miss that.

    Lee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lions… wow! Just the mention would keep me away! Glad no encounters for you.

    ReplyDelete

Zeus

                                                                                                      I'm still not ready to write about...