Friday, April 14, 2023

Joker



 

 

    
      This is a fun sketch I did of the Joker character from one of the latest Batman movies shown in the theaters. I watched the first Batman movie that came out years ago, but never watched the following versions. They seemed too dark (literally) and unappealing.
    
    I do, however remember the Batman TV series. I can still hear the theme music in my head. It was a good after school show. Adam West played Batman, Burt Ward as Robin and the insane Cesar Romero as the Joker. He was my favorite.  He was flamboyant, crazy and funny. He took clown make-up to a new level.  

    Cesar Romero probably displayed the most acting talent of the show; although the Penguin was pretty good too. When the Joker appeared on the the television screen as the villain for that episode, I was excited and became more engaged.

    During the Batman TV episode era, I had to get up from the sofa, walk over to the TV console, turn a knob with my hands to turn on the TV and  turn another knob to change the TV to one of 13 channels. 
Those were the days... I was probably having a bowl of after school Cornflakes too.

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Zeus

                                                                                                      I'm still not ready to write about...