Sunday, April 16, 2023

Kitchen





     This is my new kitchen. It's a dream come true! We had this home built and moved in December of 2020. It is a fry cry from the kitchen I was cooking in prior. I loved my old kitchen too. It was very small with green cabinetry. It was definitely cozy, with little working space.  It's' interesting how "you make it work." With a large family like mine, it was a challenge. I cook a lot. A family get together is a feast. My kitchen is a place where I can love up my family; through food!

    With that being said, I am in heaven with my new kitchen. The above picture is the view as I come around the corner each morning. I enjoy being up before anyone else, which is usually the case. A quiet and peaceful morning is my favorite time of day. No complaining or grouches allowed in the a.m. I honestly greet every morning with gratitude. The challenge is to stay in the mode of feeling blessed throughout the day, because life happens. Back to my kitchen...                                                                            


     It's pretty much state of the art. I am able to connect all my appliances to wifi. I could literally pre-heat the oven while I'm at Safeway grocery shopping. That would mean I'd have to pull out the manual and read the directions of how to do that. I just haven't felt like doing that. I don't mind turning my appliances on manually and I detest the thought of adding one more app to my phone that I have to figure out how to use. It just seems unnecessary. Someday, I'll do it when I have nothing better to do (which could possibly be never).

                                   

                                                    My new air fryer from Costco - love it!


         

                                               and our newest addition...an espresso machine! 
                                            yummy lattes made in the comfort of our own home 🤎

    
    Writing this blog has given me the idea that when I am feeling consumed by a little problem or something that is not going my way ~ to step into my kitchen and remember how fortunate I am to not only have a beautiful kitchen, but that I have a roof over my head, a stocked fridge and staples in my pantry. Attitude is everything.





              I can't forget this guy who goes with me from kitchen to kitchen.  A wedding gift from my 10 year old nephew, Jon who insisted to his mom he buy my husband and I a gift for our wedding. He was the ring bearer in our wedding 38 years ago. He bought this toothpick holder at the gift shop of the Radisson Hotel in San Jose, where we got married.


2 comments:

  1. Love your new kitchen… snd the little mouse! Thoughtful gift

    ReplyDelete

Zeus

                                                                                                      I'm still not ready to write about...