Sunday, April 23, 2023

Uptown Girl (Official Video)




                      


    This is one of those songs that tell a true story. It's a love story about Billy Joel and Christie Brinkley. I remember when I learned they were dating. I thought to myself, "What an odd couple!" After all, Christie Brinkley is an uptown girl, the face of Cover Girl as well as the cover of many high end fashion magazines. Then we have Billy Joel, as the song says "A back street guy," who once was a piano man playing in bars. To me, they seemed odd together like they didn't fit and yet they always looked happy together. Obviously, looks are deceiving because they divorced. I believe their daughter Alexa Ray is a singer-songwriter like her dad. Alexa's parents are still going strong with their new partners and families. Billy continues to make beautiful music and Christie continues to brighten up the page or screen with that beautiful smile of hers. Cheers to them both! 

    

No comments:

Post a Comment

Zeus

                                                                                                      I'm still not ready to write about...