Saturday, April 8, 2023

United States Flag 🇺🇸

                     


       I opened up my Facebook page a few days ago to see that someone posted a video of the Grateful Dead singing the National Anthem. Being a music lover of many genres, I have always been fascinated with different renditions of the National Anthem being sung by various artists. I have never been a Grateful Dead fan. I guess that's because I didn't hear my older brother and sister playing their music. My two siblings are ten and fourteen years older than me. There was always music coming from their rooms and stacks of 45's on the carpet. My brother was a drummer in a band. He and his band mates would come over to practice. Long story short, there was always music in my home growing up. My parents loved playing albums on weekends too. My sister's favorite was the Beatles and my brother's favorite - Santana.

    Getting back to the topic at hand...I love the Grateful Dead's interpretation of the National Anthem. I like the simplicity and realness of it, which to me, makes it easier. for the meaning of the words to come through and take root. I was surprised how well they harmonize together. I guess it was a side to the Grateful Dead I knew nothing about.  

    I can't say I'm now a Grateful Dead fan (yet), but I'm now inspired to check out some of their older music. Hopefully, they've written a few ballads I might enjoy. 

    There really are no words to describe the weight the National Anthem carries; it can only be felt.



No comments:

Post a Comment

Zeus

                                                                                                      I'm still not ready to write about...