Friday, April 7, 2023

Easter


                                                                                                                                                            


 

      How different my Easter celebrations look today in contrast to twenty some years ago. My youngest child is nineteen years old.  The days are gone of me scrambling the week before Easter (sometimes a few days before) to put Easter baskets together for six young children. All baskets were designed especially for them. Easter cellophane green grass would be everywhere. Come Easter morning, I would be preparing a traditional Easter feast. My husband's dad, my mom, a few aunts, uncles and maybe a nephew or niece. Today, some loved ones have passed and there are no more little ones for the Easter egg hunt. That was one of my favorite parts of Easter, watching my kids hunt for Easter eggs. Let's not forget we would color and decorate eggs together, the day before!

What fun that was...today my oldest son lives in Austin, next son is spending the weekend in Reno with his friend and playing in a poker tournament, next son lives in a neighboring city and will be here or our simple Easter Sunday barbecue. My daughter who is  twenty-four moved back home (some might be familiar with this story) and last two sons still live with us too. 

This season of Lent, leading up to Easter has also been different. I decided to attend mass every Sunday throughout Lent. It has been wonderful! I no longer have to dress the tribe  for mass or argue with which older kid doesn't want to go - I can just go for myself. 

     When I think of Easter, I think of Spring time and new growth. It's a great time to rediscover who I am, set new goals and practice gratitude. I think as long as we're practicing gratitude, we can feel blessed every day of the year. It doesn't mean everyday is going to be unicorns and cotton candy, but there is always, always something to be grateful for and that's where I find my blessings. 

    Happy Springtime! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Zeus

                                                                                                      I'm still not ready to write about...