Friday, April 7, 2023

Dandelions

 



       When I think of dandelions, my mind takes me to my childhood. I spent a lot of time outdoors as a kid and I remember seeing lots of dandelions.  To me, they were a beautiful little yellow flower. I would often pick two or three and put them in a small glass of water, for display on our kitchen table. Ah...the simple life and little things that used to make a child happy.  

    I took this picture last Spring, while taking my dog for a walk. Where I live, there is a forest more or less in my back. yard. It is the forest of Nisene Marks in Aptos. There are several entrances into this forest, one of them being around the corner from me. The main entrance is several miles down the road. Nisene has some amazing trails for hiking and biking.

     I couldn't help but take a picture of these three dandelions joined together, apart from any. other dandelions in sight. Naturally, fond memories of playing outdoors as a child drew me to these three lovelies. Just by looking at them, I am overcome with a feeling of light heartedness. 

    I discovered something interesting about the dandelion. Well, we all know it is wild and easily grows just about anywhere...even through a crack in the cement! It is considered the most persistent  flower that never gives up. What. I discovered, was that a bouquet of dandelions can be a symbol of hope and never giving up. Love this!

There can be such great meaning behind the simplest of things 🌻

No comments:

Post a Comment

Zeus

                                                                                                      I'm still not ready to write about...