Sunday, April 16, 2023

Laundry room/She shed

    This is my laundry room.  It is also my office and art room. My husband designed this laundry room to also serve as my creative space. It has everything I need: light, a sink, water and lots of storage for "my stuff." If you opened every door, you would find watercolor and acrylic paints, brushes, color pencils, pens of every sort, yarn, crochet hooks, a sewing machine, creative journaling supplies, drawing tablets, lettering books, zentangle books and various art teaching books. Yes, laundry supplies too. I also have a pull out drawer to the right of the dryer, that unfolds into an ironing board. This room has it all...a little work and a lot of play.  

         I usually have a cup of coffee by my side when I'm working on a project or just playing around.


        I also do a little embroidery.  I penciled a design for a kitchen towel (that's an orange embroidery ring). To the left of that is my sketch journal and water colors on top. In the corner is an older picture of my six children. If you look closely, you can see five boys and a little ballerina. 





     I know what you're thinking...that I must be a pen hoarder. I prefer to think of myself as a  pen collector. I have always been very fond of writing implements. It all started with a color crayon many, many moons ago. I enjoy portrait and sight drawing and I've also been following a few YouTubers as of recent to learn how to "journal my day." It's like a drawing diary. It's great fun. Lettering is anther one of my favorite art mediums (calligraphy type writing). Amazon is my go to for most of my art needs, but there is nothing like browsing in your local art store. It's like therapy for me!

    If you're wondering why I mentioned She Shed in my title, it's because a friend of mine who lives in Auburn, posted pictures on Instagram of her adorable She Shed her husband built for her. I fell in love with it and wanted one. I expressed my desire for a She Shed to my husband. We were about to start landscaping our back yard, so I figured the timing was perfect. I was told I wouldn't be able to have running water or electricity in the shedThat was a deal breaker for me. Since then, he refers to my office as my She Shed. 

2 comments:

  1. Love your space! Personally I could do without the laundry accessories, but to have a space dedicated to art? Well, that's fabulous. I must say that you have a LOT more pens than I do, and I thought a small box was a lot. Now i know better. LOL Looking forward to reading more of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes… never the hoarder but collector yes! I’ve always been a paper and pen collector! 😂 I’m a crafter of various crafts of knitting, junk journals, embroider and whatever catches my eye. I’ve shared many of my crafts on my blog.

    ReplyDelete

Zeus

                                                                                                      I'm still not ready to write about...