Monday, April 17, 2023

Maui






     These are the shores of Kihei, at the southwest end of Maui. We spent a week in Kihei - summer of 2022. It was our first time renting a condo for our vacation. In the past, we stayed at the Fairmont in Wailea. We decided to try something different. I went online and searched for ocean front condos. I found Kihei Condos and liked what I saw. Two things attracted me: the condos were on the beach and I liked the price!
I couldn’t help but think of all the money we would be saving on food and drinks. It also sounded private and relaxing. Before arriving, we stopped at the grocery store, stocked the fridge, bought some snacks and drinks; we were set for the week. The picture above shows the endless shores on the beach. This made for miles of walking and reflecting. 




    We were told by some locals that we had to experience Sugar Beach bakery. We brewed some coffee and set out on foot for some sweet treats. It was an interesting and colorful place. There was a line out the door. They were only letting one customer in at a time. I’m guessing because of Covid. They didn’t accept cash, but lucky for us and our iPhone  - Apple Pay! The locals were right, the cookies were rich and delicious. There were several beautiful roosters walking about the tables in front of the shop. This was one handsome fella!


    This is our view from inside our condo. We were on the second floor. Now that is what I call a deck with a view. I’m pretty sure I took this picture in the late afternoon…palm trees, stunning ocean, ever changing hues in the sky, and always a warm gentle breeze. I love the weather in Hawaii. For that one week, I never had to worry about feeling cold. I don’t like being cold! I live on the coast in Aptos, California (Santa Cruz County). It is a beautiful place to live and I feel blessed to live here, but it does get a little chilly at times.


            How about this for a walk on a warm evening with your loved one, a friend or by yourself.  


    If you could zoom in on this picture, you would be able to see the many stars! I was in bed sleeping and woke up during the night, opened my eyes and this is what I saw. I immediately grabbed my phone. You can see the white dots, but in real time, the bright stars were dancing in the jet black sky. 

     See you in May Maui! 🌴

No comments:

Post a Comment

Zeus

                                                                                                      I'm still not ready to write about...