Sunday, April 24, 2022

“Travel”

 



     This image was my view out the window of the plane I was traveling in en route to Las Vegas, Nevada this morning. We departed from San Jose, California. I believe these are mountains in Southern Nevada. I love the variations of blue in the sky. My husband and I were invited to a birthday celebration dinner for my son’s girlfriend, Carianna. She is thirty-two years old (or young I should say). They live in Austin, Texas. 

    We used to travel quite a bit before Covid. With our kids getting older, our reins have become looser. The pandemic hit and travel was to be put on the back burner. We flew a few times last year and the experience was quite different - the stress of Covid loomed throughout the airport, in the plane and also at the point of destination. Today, it was a relief to not be required to wear a mask in the airport and in flight.  It was refreshing to see the airport parking lot full and most of all to see the smiles of fellow travelers; no longer hidden behind their masks. Some still choose to wear their mask. I still keep sanitizer in my bag and I avoid all handrails. With that being said, it was a refreshing day of travel. 

    We’re Austin bound in July!


6 comments:

  1. Nice shot.
    We finally got to fly again after two years and flew to the UK to spend our first Xmas with family in 11 years. It was brilliant!

    Visiting from Facing The Mountain

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love flying over the Sierras they are so majestic. Nice blue sky day on highway one.
    Hope you enjoy your travel. We have done less flying and more driving but several of our destinations were under lock-down until recently.
    Turned Back

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great photo - there's something really special about plane window photos. The perspective of being up in the clouds is fabulous. Hope you enjoy your visit!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I usually haven't done much air travel--maybe 1-2 times a year prior to 2016, but I don't think I've flown since then. However I do love road travel. I like to be on the ground and able to stop on a whim. The U.S. is a great country to travel the roads.

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  5. Finally u got a chance to travel. That's grt ...even if am not completely tension free good to see things easing up..hope it stays so.....


    Dropping by from a to z "The Pensive"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Travelling for the first time after the pandemic was a very unique experience. A weird mix of excitement and anxiety I must say.


    Jayashree writes

    ReplyDelete

Zeus

                                                                                                      I'm still not ready to write about...