Saturday, April 23, 2022

“Stevie Nicks - Sara” 🎶


         Stevie Nicks and the 80’s…this song. It all started with Fleetwood Mac of course. I’ve seen them many times in concert. This band has such a unique sound. Their music almost has a culture of it’s own. It makes you feel ‘something.’ Their lyrics tell stories like most songs, while their sound is somewhat haunting. When I heard her sing this song, my world stood still for 5 minutes. It was an incredible performance by Fleetwood Mac. I read that this song is about her unborn child. She never did have children of her own, which she has said is one of her greatest regrets in her life. Her children were her many songs, I suppose. Choices.

    When Stevie took a hiatus for a while from Fleetwood Mac, she gave birth to a solo career. She hired two women as her background vocalists who were phenomenal. They complimented her voice so well. I’ve seen her perform as a solo artist. She is quite personable on stage. I appreciated the way she told short stories in between songs about her life and her music.
    
    I am planning to see her in concert at the Red Rock amphitheater in Denver, Colorado in May. I’m looking forward to my moment in time again when I was very young; as she belts out the vocals to Sara.

2 comments:

  1. I understand about not having children being a great regret. It's not always a choice. Sometimes, things happen that are beyond your control. So I have my artwork and my cat and my babysitting victims and that has to do. Thank you for the story and the music.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Quite simply Stevie is among the gods of Rock n Roll

    Visiting from Facing The Mountain


    ReplyDelete

Zeus

                                                                                                      I'm still not ready to write about...