Friday, April 15, 2022

"My Mom"

 

                                                                   



                                   My mom in her assisted living home on her birthday


My mom is near

yet she is far away

though I speak many words to her

she remembers nothing of what I say


she started "forgetting"

several years ago

simple tasks became hard

no longer could she sew


For her independence she fought

as hard as she could

no longer able to live alone

I only wish she understood


most days she knows me

some days are unclear

 her hand in mine

these precious moments are dear










5 comments:

  1. How lovely.
    She might forget you through her illness, but at least you won't forget her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't guess how tough it must be, though the precious moments are to be treasured for! Birthday wishes to ur mom. Much love

    ReplyDelete
  3. As I get older I hope I can maintain my faculties for years to come. I'm sure you are very important to her even when she doesn't acknowledge much. You are fortunate to still be able to visit her.

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such difficult times for you as well as her. I’m sure she appreciates the affection and love even though the recognition may have diminished.

    Https://cassmobfamilyhistory.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sometimes though nothing is spoken or expressed or even remembered , its simply felt.


    Jayashree writes

    ReplyDelete

Zeus

                                                                                                      I'm still not ready to write about...