Sunday, April 17, 2022

"Natural Bridges"




                                                 Natural Bridges - Santa Cruz, Ca 


       One of the gifts of living on the coast...the sunsets. Last weekend, we had an early dinner in Davenport that is about 15 miles north of this photo. Our goal was to have dinner and head back towards Santa Cruz to watch the sun set. As you can see, we barely made it. We literally drove into the parking lot and I jumped out of the jeep to take this picture. Once I captured the sunset, I could relax and take in the dramatic moments of its setting. There was a light breeze and there must have been thirty pelicans on the rock pictured to the left. You can see the ice plants with their yellow flowers and the warm reflective colors of the sunset on the water. 

    I'm amazed that no matter which beach we go to along the coast to watch the sunset, we are among many who are all fixated on the horizon; waiting. When I'm at sunset, I'm completely present and whatever is pressing on my mind at the time is put to the side. What a beautiful way to end the day in hopes of a wonderful tomorrow.

5 comments:

  1. I love sunsets, and California's coast is the perfect place to enjoy them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it is a mesmerizing sunset

    Good day

    Dropping by from a to z "The Pensive"

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lovely photo. And I share your feelings about sunsets (and sunrises) - they're a moment that calls one to be truly present and feel the beauty and magic of the world.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nothing much better than a nice sunset--or sunrise. When I lived in Tennessee in my college years I used to like to go up on the nearest mountain to watch the sunsets. I would be entranced watching the sun disappear and the lights of the town below coming on. What a show!

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete

Zeus

                                                                                                      I'm still not ready to write about...