Sunday, April 3, 2022

"Carianna"


                                                                                    
                                                 
                                          "A toast to Carianna and Aaron's new home"
  

    This lovely girl pictured above is Carianna. The young man next to her is my handsome son, Aaron. He is my first born. This story is not just about Carianna, who I have found to be a kind and authentic young woman, but it is about one of the hardest things that comes with parenting: letting go and hoping your adult children find true happiness with a forever partner. 

    Aaron and Carianna are not married and have been each other's person for a couple of years. This picture is the day Aaron bought his first home and together they share the responsibility as homeowners. Aaron graduated from the University of Nevada Reno and moved to Texas, seeking opportunities in the field of marketing. Not only did he find a job he loves, but he also fell in love with Austin, Texas and a girl named Carianna. Her family is from Corpus Cristi. I have met her mom and I can see where Carianna gets her warmth and genuineness. I Guess we're off to a very good familial start; although, there has been no talk of marriage. I am all for younger folk taking their time before making a lifelong commitment. My how times have changed! My wedding rehearsal dinner was the last night I lived with my parents. After my honeymoon, I lived in an upstairs, very small apartment with my new husband. Did I say very small apartment? 

    I am a native Californian, but I must say that I  love Austin, Texas too! My husband and I fly to Austin every couple of months to visit. Yes, Texas barbecue is the bomb and Austin downtown is vibrant. You can find live music on every street. The warm weather and humidity doesn't bother me a bit. It's a treat to go anywhere where I can enjoy outdoor dining in a tank top or sundress and be comfortable. 

     He and Carianna have a tight knit friend circle and seem to be enjoying life to its fullest. Aaron is on his own journey now. For a parent, there is no better feeling than knowing your adult son (or daughter) is  able to provide for himself and content. 

And the journey continues for us all.

4 comments:

  1. My eldest son is just spreading his wings and discovering the big bad world on his own and as his dad it's quite scary having to let go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel you Dino. I have to remember, he is on his own journey now. (I do pray a lot 😂) Best to your son!

      Delete
  2. Fine looking couple. I've visited Austin a number of times. My wife has family in Round Rock. It's a nice area.

    Arlee Bird
    Tossing It Out

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a very nice area, downtown Austin is so vibrant! Thanks Arlee🙂

      Delete

Zeus

                                                                                                      I'm still not ready to write about...